WCCF is Offering Scholarships to Non-Traditional Students
The Washington County Community Foundation is now offering scholarships to non-traditional students through its Education Matters initiative. The deadline for applications is October 5, 2021 by 3:30 PM.
The following criteria have been established for scholarships:
- Annual awards will not exceed $3,000 the first twelve months and $5,000 per person in any subsequent twelve month period.
- Scholarship applicants must be a minimum of 28 years old as of the date of application.
- Only individuals who can demonstrate continuing legal residence in Washington County for at least the past five years are eligible. Documentation such as tax forms, housing receipts, or utility bills will be used to verify residency and/or household income.
- Scholarship awards may be used for tuition, course-related fees, or books only. Checks will only be written to an educational institution or certified training provider.
- The application deadline is October 5, 2021. No exceptions.
- Adult scholarship awards may not be used to pay for college debt.
- Subsequent awards will only be considered for students maintaining at least a 2.5 GPA.
Call the Washington County Community Foundation office at 883-7334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application or for more information.
The mission of the Washington County Community Foundation is to engage people, build resources and strengthen our community.